Millions Give Back: A Black Women's Philanthropy Campaign
The Millions Give Back (MGB) Campaign will inspire a groundbreaking collaborative movement to identify, engage and record Black philanthropic giving. It will create an infrastructure and strong distribution conduit for high-level, high-impact giving to influence positive social change. Ultimately, the campaign will provide Black women across the globe with a way to become more effectively engaged in the critical issues affecting Black women and the Black community.
Born from the early convenings and discussions from The Black Women Donor Action Group (BWDAG), a bold initiative focused on Black women donors, the MGB Campaign will expose the positive value and impact of Black giving, redefine engagement with other donor communities, and ensure Black women in philanthropy claim their space in the field.
We envision a global movement that successfully inspires a critical mass of women of African descent to fund and support the health, safety, economic, and social development of their sisters worldwide.
Our mission is to propel the leadership and giving power of Black women, highlight the value of Black philanthropy, and mobilize millions from the Black community for social change grantmaking that benefits Black women and their communitites.
The MGB Campaign seeks to:
- Identify, engage and record Black philanthropi giving. (Phase 1)
- Expand the knowledge or research institutions in philanthropy on Black philanthropic giving. (Phase 1 and 2)
- Educate Black philanthropists as well as organizations and institutions that are led by Black women, girls their families and ocmmunities on transformative, social change giving. (Phase 2)
- Educate the field at large on Black philanthropy to increas its visibility. (Phase 2 and 3)
- Demonstrate that Black women's collective power and giving can effectively advance the important core issues affecting Black women and the Black community. (Phase 1-4)
- Develop the vehicle of WFN member funds as an effective distribution conduit for high-level, high-impact, social chnage giving. (Phase 2)
- Increase the amount, influence and impact of Black women (and allies), to support social change that positively impacts the lives of Black women and their families. (Phase 4)
- Increase funds available to organizations and institutions that are led by Black women, girls their families and communities. (Phase 4)
If you are interested in participating in any Millions Give Back activities or receiving more information, please contact Shaune Zunzanyika or visit www.womensfundingnetwork.org/MGB.
We are sponsored in part by:
Women's Funding Network: As a global network and a movement for social justice, Women's Funding Network accelerates women's leadership and invests in solving critical social issues -- from poverty to global security -- by bringing together the financial power, influence and voices of women's funds.
Global Fund for Women: The Global Fund for Women is an international network of women and men committed to a world of equality and social justice. We advocate for and defend women's human rights by making grants to support women's groups around the world.