Bulgarian Fund for Women
The Bulgarian Fund for Women works for more resources to establish and sustain development of women's rights non-governmental organizations in Bulgaria; to achieve real equality of Bulgarian women in all spheres of public life; and to eliminate of all forms of discrimination.
The Bulgarian Fund for Women is an independent organization, working on making more resources available for the establishment and strengthening of women's rights non-governmental organizations in Bulgaria, achieving real gender equality in all areas of social life and combating all forms of discrimination.
- To support the Bulgarian women's organizations working to raise gender awareness of society and recognize women's rights as human rights, strengthen their capacity and improve quality of services they provide, increase their knowledge and improve their skills for mobilizing local resources for their sustainable development;
- To support alternative and radical women's initiatives;
- To support independent monitoring of government's obligations and initiatives related to gender equality sector in Bulgaria;
- To support networking between NGOs working on gender equality on national and regional level;
- To promote a new vision for philanthropy as an instrument for social change;
- To promote the civil society development in Bulgaria as a precondition for irreversibility of the democratic process.
In order to achievie these objectives the Bulgarian Fund for Women:
- fundraises funds from Bulgarian and foreign individuals, donors and business organizations through various initiatives;
- supports financially NGOs projects aiming to combat all forms of violence against women; to promote women's economic independence and to reduce poverty and unemployment;
- to encourage women's more active participation in public and political life for their promotion in decision-making positions;
- to achieve equal rights and equal opportunities for marginalized groups of women and those with different sexual orientation, to promote women's access to ICT, etc.;
- contributes to the increase of quality of services provided by trainers, consultants and facilitators who work with NGOs on gender equality;
- participates actively in international networks of women's funds;
- provides seed grants as well as development grants.